Top 5 Tips to Stay Motivated on Your Fitness Journey | Fashionable, Fit, & Fabulous: Top 5 Tips to Stay Motivated on Your Fitness Journey

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Top 5 Tips to Stay Motivated on Your Fitness Journey



Life is tough sometimes, right??  Things don't always go the way you plan and it can be chaotic at times.  You get tired, you get in a funk.  You don't want to work out, you would rather curl up on the couch and binge on Netflix.  Have you been there before?

If you start out on a fitness journey and want to make a change in your life, there will be highs and there will be lows.  Just like anything else in life...it takes work.  You have to be willing to make the effort for yourself!

Here are my TOP FIVE tips to keep yourself motivated:

1.  Schedule your workouts - - - and show up for YOURSELF! You wouldn't cancel on your boss would you? Don't cancel on YOU.

2.  Set goals.  And I don't mean a number on the scale.  Do you want to workout 5 days a week instead of 3?  Is there a pair of jeans you want to be able to fit into again?  

3.  Reward yourself.  When you reach those goals you set, do something for yourself.  Get your nails done, buy a new workout outfit.  I suggest not relating this reward with food.

4.  Stay off of the scale, it's not your friend.  Seriously.  The number on the scale is just that...a number.  Instead, focus on the way you're feeling and the way your body is changing.  Do you have more energy?  Are you sleeping better?  Do you see definition in your biceps?  I workout because I want to FEEL better and FEEL strong and not because I want to weigh a certain number on the scale.

5.  Have a support system.  I think this is something a lot of people miss.  If I didn't have my girls in my accountability group, my days off the wagon would certainly last much longer than they do.  We check in with each other and we notice if someone is missing.  We share our struggles and offer encouragement.  We share what has worked for us and help others who may be where we've been before.  So, find YOUR people!  Maybe it's your best friend, sister, significant other, or an online group of people you don't even know yet (I promise you, it's not scary!).



xoxo, Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment