The 80/20 Rule | Fashionable, Fit, & Fabulous: The 80/20 Rule

Friday, September 26, 2014

The 80/20 Rule

80/20 Rule Chalene Johnson www.shannongillilan.blogspot.com


I want to quickly share a piece of advice with you. I relate it to health and fitness, but you could change it to what makes sense to you!

I was listening to a podcast from Chalene Johnson while I was traveling for work today and she talked about the 80/20 Rule.  This spoke to me!! 

If you are hitting something 100% of the time, you might not be living a FULL life.  Make it your goal to eat clean and hit your workouts 80% of the time.  If you do this, you are still doing more that most people.  If you have this mindset, then it is ok to have that Happy Meal or miss that one workout the other 20%.  Things come up, lives are hectic...IT HAPPENS.  But, it doesn't mean that you give up.  It doesn't mean that you stop pushing yourself.  You have got to keep working for what you want!  If you do it for long enough, it becomes second nature to you and it comes naturally.  I hope to get there with my workouts and eating habits.  Some days are still a struggle, but I continue to push play and I continue to make healthy choices because I remind myself of how much better I feel when I do.  It usually only takes about 10 minutes into the workout for me forget I didn't want to start.  It's all about a healthy balance!

When you have a reason, your why, it helps you keep your focus.

xoxo Shannon


1 comment: